We have the predicted starting teams for the Republic of Ireland v Denmark this evening, knowing an Irish win will secure automatic qualification for Euro 2020.
McCarthy believes his side can win against the odds on Monday in Dublin.
Mick McCarthy, Ireland manager
“There’s always a big performance in us that can win a game. We drew in Denmark and had a few chances. Nevertheless, it was a great performance and a great result for us. If I don’t believe it, I might as well go home and I’m not going home any time soon. People’s opinions don’t concern me because it’s on the day. You can be better all the time round but I’ve seen a lot of cup finals.”
Åge Hareide, Denmark coach
“Our players have respect for Ireland. I have said it myself: the team looks good, they are well organised, they are hard to beat,” said Hareide.
“All our players say they don’t like to play Ireland, and that means respect when players say that because if you said you love to play Ireland, there would be a difference.”
Predicted starting teams
Ireland: Randolph; Doherty, Duffy, Egan, Stevens; Hourihane, Whelan; Robinson, Hendrick, McClean; McGoldrick
Denmark: Schmeichel; Wass, Jørgensen, Kjær, Stryger Larsen; Schöne, Delaney; Skov, Eriksen, Braithwaite; Gytkjær
Ireland will qualify if they beat Denmark
Denmark: will qualify if they draw or win
Betting for Ireland v Denmark
Ireland 2/1 Draw 2/1 Denmark
• Ireland are unbeaten in six home matches (W4), conceding only three times in the process.
• Five of Ireland’s last ten goals have been scored in the final seven minutes of matches.
• Republic of Ireland’s last 16 goals have been scored by different players.
• Midfielder Christian Nørgaard and goalkeeper Jesper Hansen could make their debuts for Denmark.
• Denmark have lost just once in their last 34 games.
• Denmark have now scored in the 84th minute or later in seven of their last 12 games – ten goals in total.
• Christian Eriksen has scored 21 times in his last 29 internationals. He scored ten in his first 65 games for Denmark.
The post Ireland v Denmark – Predicted Starting teams appeared first on SportsNewsIRELAND.