Kerry 1-18 Dublin 2-14 
Peter Crowley was the unlikely hero in Austin Stack Park on Saturday night as they triumphed over Jim Gavin’s Dublin. It was Crowley’s 74 minute fisted effort that maintained Kerry’s unbeaten run in Division 1 under Peter Keane
In front of a sold out crowd of over 12,000 at the Tralee based venue the All-Ireland championschamp behind by 5 points at one stage but they clawed back to level terms before injury time . It gives Kerry confidence now as the league continues to ramp up and Championship gets closer.
The game itself began with a Kerry point from full back Jack Sherwood. Dean Rock responded for Dublin from a free. However any time Dublin would score Kerry would go on a run and kick two in a row. So it was tit for tat in the opening period . Kerry led by two points on three occasions inside the opening 20 minutes. With Paul Geaney and Sean O’Shea doing the damage. However the lead would be halved every time these scores were kicked.
Kerry hit the first major of the game with Stephen O’Brien burying the ball past Evan Comerford after the Dublin defence failed to deal with a ball to edge of the square. Dublin though repsonded as All-Irelabd champions should with a goal of their own by Con O’Callghan effort albeit it came off a Kerry player before going past Ryan in the Kerry goal. The gap was down to the minimum again. Kerry went on to kick the next four scores with Tom O’Sullivan, Dara Moynihan and two Sean O’Shea frees. Dublin hit back though with Paul Mannion scoring a sublime goal to make it 1-11 to 2-06 in favour of Kerry at the break.
The game continued the way it left off in the second half . Kerry again kicked four points in a row without reply to make it 1-15 to 2-07 after 42 minutes. However the All-Irelans still were put out of sight . The impressive James McCarthy, Mannion and Rock all pointed to cut the gap back to two, before Dublin were reduced to 14 men by referee Maurice Deegan it was Mick Fitzsimmons who was was given a second yellow card. That didn’t seem to impact Dublin in a bad way it actually made them play better as midfielder Brian Fenton, Paul Mannion and two Cormac Costello points levelled proceedings. However it was Kerry and Crowley that had the final say as his fisted effort on 74 minutes have the Kingdom the slimmest of victories but a victory nonetheless.
Kerry: Shane Ryan, Peter Crowley 0-01, Jack Sherwood 0-01, Brian Ó Beaglaíoch, Tadhg Morley, Paul Murphy, Tom O’Sullivan 0-01, Jack Barry, Adrian Spillane, Diarmuid O’Connor, Sean O’Shea 0-08 (0-07f, 0-01 ’45’), Dara Moynihan 0-02, Paul Geaney 0-02, Gavin O’Brien 0-01, Stephen O’Brien 1-01.
Subs: Tommy Walsh 0-01 for D O’Connor (ht), Mark Griffin for A Spillane (53), Gavin Crowley for P Geaney (55), David Moran for T Morley (60), Mikey Geaney for G O’Brien (70)
Dublin: Evan Comerford, Michael Fitzsimons, Eoin Murchan, John Small, Eric Lowndes, Jonny Cooper, James McCarthy 0-03, Brian Fenton 0-01, Darren Gavin 0-01, Brian Howard, Con O’Callaghan 1-00, Niall Scully, Dean Rock 0-05 (0-04f), Cormac Costello 0-02 (0-01f), Paul Mannion 1-02 (0-01f).
Subs: Paddy Andrews for E Lowndes (ht), Jack McCaffrey for J Cooper (47), Michael Darragh Macauley for D Gavin (62), Kevin McManamon for D Rock (62), Paul Flynn for N Scully (62)